From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: notice period là gì
"Two weeks notice" redirects here. For the 2002 film, see Two Weeks Notice.
A notice period or period of notice within a contract may by defined within the contract itself, or subject lớn a condition of reasonableness. In an employment contract, a notice period is a period of time between the receipt of the letter of dismissal and the over of the last working day. This time period does not have lớn be given lớn an employee by their employer before their employment ends. The term also refers lớn the period between a termination date or resignation date and the last working day in the company when an employee leaves or when a contract ends.
A contract may state a period of notice which either/any các buổi party is required lớn give lớn the other contractual parties. The contract between Winter Garden Theatre (London) Ltd. and Millennium Productions Ltd., which gave rise lớn a 1948 legal case, stated that Millennium would have lớn give a month's notice if it wished lớn terminate, but Winter Garden's obligations were not stated. Lord MacDermott stated in that case that
The conclusion I reach is that in this contract there should be implied a stipulation lớn the effect that, ... the licence might be terminated by the licensors on the expiration of a reasonable notice period duly communicated lớn the licensees.
The duration of a reasonable notice period depends on the particular facts of a particular case. In the case of Jackson Distribution Ltd. v Tum Yeto Inc. (2009), a distribution arrangement had been established between these two companies but there was no formal written agreement. They had discussed a number of options in a series of e-mails, and draft agreements had passed between them. The High Court of England and Wales confirmed that the facts of the case and the type of contract in place would be relevant lớn determining the notice period applicable lớn terminating a contract, and that other relevant factors and any relevant trade practices could also be taken into tài khoản. A reasonable period has been judged lớn be 12 months in some cases, but shorter in others.
Notice periods in employment law
Statutory redundancy notice periods in the UK
In the United Kingdom, the statutory redundancy notice periods are:
- at least one week's notice if employed between one month and two years
- one week's notice for each year if employed between two and twelve years
- twelve weeks' notice if employed for twelve years or more.
These statutory periods constitute the minimum notice period lớn be given by the employer; however, some employers may opt lớn give employees longer notice periods, in order lớn give the employees a better opportunity lớn find alternative employment.[note 1]
Notice periods in Poland
Xem thêm: drawer là gì
In Poland the same notice period applies regardless of which các buổi party (employer or employee) withdraws the contract. The statutory periods apply, unless both parties agree on other terms:
- 2 weeks if employed below 6 months
- 1 month if employed below 3 years
- 3 months if employed 3 or more years.
The week-measured period ends on Saturday. The month-measured period ends on the last day of calendar month—for instance, if 1-month period applies, a resignation or dismissal produced between 1st and 30 April results in contract termination on 31 May.
Notice periods in the United States
Because most employment in the U.S. is at-will, no notice period is required. In practice, most employees provide two weeks' notice.
Notice periods in Denmark
Notice periods for white collar workers are defined in the Danish Law on Salaried Employees or "Funktionærloven", which are:
- 1 month if employed below 6 months
- 3 months if employed below 3 years
- 4 months if employed below 6 years
- 5 months if employed below 9 years
- 6 months if employed more kêu ca 9 years.
If the employee resigns, he/she has lớn give a 1-month notice period.
Notice periods in Switzerland
Notice periods in Switzerland are governed by the Code of Obligations, which sets the mặc định time scales. The notice period depends on the employee’s length of service within the company as follows:
- 7 days during the trial period
- 1 month if employed below 1 year
- 2 months if employed below 10 years
- 3 months if employed more kêu ca 10 years
The mặc định trial period is the first month of employment, but may be extended up lớn three months. After the trial period, the notice period may be amended by a written contract, but not under one month, unless mix by a collective labor agreement and only for the first year of employment.
Xem thêm: mountains là gì
- ^ Wikipedia Foundation, Winter Garden Theatre (London) Ltd v Millennium Productions Ltd, accessed 1 July 2023
- ^ Coyle, M., What is a reasonable notice period?, Lawdit Solicitors, published 16 November 2013, accessed 10 December 2022
- ^ Brachers, Contracts: termination and reasonable notice periods, published 16 January năm ngoái, accessed 1 July 2023
- ^ Spearman, R., England and Wales High Court (Chancery Division), Bristol Groundschool Ltd v Intelligent Data Capture Ltd & Ors  EWHC 2145 (Ch), delivered 2 July năm trước, accessed 8 September 2023
- ^ GOV.UK: Redundancy - Notice periods
- ^ Polish Code of Labour
- ^ "How lớn Manage Employees Who Don't Give 2 Weeks' Notice - businessnewsdaily.com". Business News Daily. Retrieved 2021-10-25.
- ^ Dansk Funktionærlov
- ^ "The finer points of terminating an employment contract". Fedlex: The publication platform for federal law. Federal Council of Switzerland. 27 February 2020. Archived from the original on 31 January 2021. Retrieved 31 January 2021.
- ^ "Bundesgesetz betreffend die Ergänzung des Schweizerischen Zivilgesetzbuches (Fünfter Teil: Obligationenrecht)". Fedlex: The publication platform for federal law (in German). Federal Council of Switzerland. 1 January 2021. Archived from the original on 31 January 2021. Retrieved 31 January 2021.